The Ursta's Become VIP's at Steelers Training Camp
Nick is battling cancer that he got as a first responder at Ground Zero. Today he and his wife are getting VIP status at Steelers Training Camp!
Hey folks, it's a special day at Sparkt. If you've been following the journey of Nick and Margaret Ursta you know it hasn't been an easy road. Nick is battling cancer while trying to build a dream-home for his wife. We've enlisted the help of several different amazing groups and individuals to help get the job done.
More on that later, but today we decided they needed a break from all of that stress. We're taking them to Steelers Training Camp ! They're getting the VIP treatment thanks to the generosity of yet another generous person who wants to remain anonymous.
Nick and Margaret Ursta watch the Steelers practice from the sidelines at training camp.
Follow the Ursta's Journey on Sparkt:
- Siding Work Has Begun Thanks to 84 Lumber
- Ursta House Update: The Plumbing is Done!
- Anonymous Donor Steps Up for 9-11 Cancer Victim
- UPDATE: Community Rallies To Help 9/11 Volunteers Build Dream Home
- Community Support Grows For 9/11 Hero's Dream Home
Special thanks to:
- TUDI Mechanical Systems: They installed a brand new furnace and donated the entire system as part of their Heat For The Needy program.
- Kevin Anglum and Tony Napolitano: These retired contractors have done the walls and ceilings drywall and sheet rock with additional volunteer assistance from the Carpenters and Joiners Union .
- Maury Burgwin, President of the Mon Yough Area Chamber of Commerce : Burgwin is working with area businesses on materials and labor.
- Anonymous: A mystery man paid for the roofing job installed by Nicolella Roofing .
- Matt Mertz Plumbing : They have done a complete job of running all of the plumbing and making sure it's all up to code. It took a week of work and they didn't ask for a penny.
- Michael Jacobs, President and Owner of Marvista Kitchen and Bath . Jacobs' team is working on the dream kitchen and bathrooms for Nick and Margaret.
- 84 Lumber has donated the siding and materials to finish the exterior of the Ursta home.
- Richard Garland and his volunteers from The Blessing Board are taking care of the labor, installing siding on all sides of the Ursta home.
Our apologies if we're missing anyone, but you get the picture of the small army that's coming together to help the Ursta's get their dream home finished. We're going to make sure that it gets done as Nick continues to fight the good fight with his cancer.