Sweet Way To Support Families At The Ronald McDonald House
This is a special live event broadcast from the Ronald McDonald House in Pittsburgh, PA. We'll show you a sweet way to support their awesome work helping families!
If you missed our special live event with our partners, local McDonald's franchisees, and the Ronald McDonald House in Pittsburgh, don't worry. We have it right here for you. Kelly Arbogast was joined by some special guests and they were ready to share some special treats with the families currently staying at the house.
Ronald McDonald House Charities mission is to provide a home away from home for families of seriously ill children receiving medical care at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and other area hospitals and they've been doing it for 40 years in the region.
Jessica Sims and her son, Quincy
It's been a blessing to families like Jessica Sims who's been visiting hospitals regularly since her son was born six years ago. Quincy is a bright and shining young man with an infectious smile and personality. Doctors say that he had a stroke before he was born that caused affected development of parts of his brain.
6 year-old Quincy enjoys a Minute Maid Slushie, courtesy of Pittsburgh area McDonald's franchisees.
Quincy is back at UPMC Children's Hospital for intense therapy that includes learning to walk. It's quite an accomplishment! You can see more of "Quincy's Quest" here on his Facebook page .
The Pittsburgh Ronald McDonald House opened 40 years ago on July 10, 1979.
The charity just kicked off its 40th anniversary fundraising drive with the goal of raising $40,000 in 40 days . Here's how you can support RMHC and it's awesome work:
Ways to Give
- Online: Ronald McDonald House Charities Pittsburgh and Morgantown
- By Phone: contact Devlyn Brooks at 412-246-1110
- By Mail: 451 44th Street, Penthouse Fl, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
- In Person:
RMH Pittsburgh, 451 44th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
RMH Morgantown, 841 Country Club Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505
Volunteers from Tecum Capital cooked lunch for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House Pittsburgh.
Special thanks to our local McDonald's franchisees for helping deliver Minute Maid Slushies for families at the Ronald McDonald House. Check out the "Secret Menu" hacks they've shared with us below.
Play it cool this summer with 4 McDonald's Slushie Secret Menu Hacks:
- Frozen Slushie Punch: Order a small Sprite and a Minute Maid Blue Raspberry Slushie, then combine the two.
- Frozen Slushie Float: Order a small, Minute Maid Fruit Punch Slushie, soft serve cup and a large, empty, clear cup. Then add soft serve to your empty cup and top it with slushie goodness.
- Frozen Slushie Freeze: Order your favorite shake and a Minute Maid Sweet Peach Slushie. Then, mix the two together.
- Frozen Slushie Sweet Peach Tea: Order a Sweet Tea and a Minute Maid Sweet Peach Slushie. Then, mix the two together.
Note: All summer long, local MCD restaurants are donating 10 cents from every slushie to the Ronald McDonald House in Pittsburgh and Morgantown.
Kelly from Sparkt learned a lot today about the awesome mission at the Ronald McDonald House and how it helps families stay together during hospital visits.