Last updated October 4th, 2019
In relation to the Site, we process your Personal Information to provide you access to the Site and functionality offered on the Site, answer your queries, process sign-ups for our blog and podcasts and receive job applications. To a certain extent, we also collect data to learn more about how you use the Site and to improve the Site.
Information We Collect and Use
Personal Information ("Personal Data" in the EU) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Depending on the applicable jurisdiction, Personal Information may include some or all of the following: name, email address, postal address, IP address, browser type, and previously visited websites.
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect the information that you provide when you use the Site, including when you contact us with a question, comment, demo request, or other request through a Site contact form. The information requested includes your name, company name, email address, telephone number, state, country, and any other information you may choose to provide us when you contact us. We collect and process this Personal Information to provide you with a response to your inquiry from the most suitable contact person for your request and business and to improve the Site and the services we provide.
Job Application Through Our Careers Pages – If you submit a job application on our careers pages online, we request your name, photo, email address, phone number, information regarding your education and employment history, and any other information contained in your resume or cover letter. You also may choose to provide us with access to certain Personal Information stored by third parties such as social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn). The information we may receive varies by social media site and is controlled by that site. By authorizing Sparkt to have access to this social media site information, you agree that Sparkt may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this section of the Policy. If you submit a job application through our careers pages, we process the information you submit to process your application, assess your skills and interest in career opportunities at Sparkt, conduct background checks (as permitted by applicable law), and communicate with you about your application, requests, questions or comments.
With Whom We May Share the Information We Collect
We share the information we collect through the Site
- with service providers who provide products, services or functions on our behalf and based on our instructions (such as providing application tracking and recruiting services for our Careers pages);
- with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); and
if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be disclosed in connection with the negotiation of such transaction, and/or sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
How Personal Information Is Secured
We maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the Personal Information collected by the Site. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Disclosures
The Site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect Personal Information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us as indicated below.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Sparkt's Privacy Contact Information
Sparkt is responsible for the processing of your Personal Information on this Site. Sparkt is located at 1910 Cochran Rd building 2 suite 615, Pittsburgh, PA 15220.
Further Information for the EU, EEA and Switzerland
The following additional information and rights only apply to users who visit the Site from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
Why we are permitted to process your Personal Information
The legal permission for our processing of your Personal Information is as follows:
- Contact us: We process the listed Personal Information to respond to your inquiry; the legal basis for this processing is legitimate interest.
- Marketing messages/news: If you subscribe to receive news via email from Sparkt, the processing is based on your consent. If you are already a customer, we also process your email address to offer similar products or services to you that may be of interest to you. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest to conduct direct marketing. You may always object to such processing.
- Your right to withdraw: You may choose to stop receiving communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us as described in the "Sparkt's Privacy Contact Information" section below.
- Job applications: We process the listed Personal Information in preparation of your possible employment with us and such in preparation of the performance of a contract.
- Cookies and Similar Technology: We and our third-party partners use performance and targeting/advertising cookies and similar technology only if you have consented. We use strictly necessary and functionality cookies and similar technology based on our legitimate interest to provide a functioning, user-friendly Website.
- Data transfers: We share your Personal Information with the listed third parties above in the section "With Whom We May Share the Information We Collect." If this disclosure is necessary to provide you with the Website services, it is for contract performance (e.g. vendors). Sharing your data with third parties to improve the functionality of the Website is based on our legitimate interest to provide a secure and user-friendly Website.
We share your Personal Information with our affiliates if this is necessary to perform or prepare for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. for employment or Website-related services) or for our legitimate interests to facilitate internal processes.
We will inform you separately if we share your Personal Information with authorities or possible purchasers based on our legal obligations.
How long we retain your Personal Information
Sparkt's practices for Personal Information of EU, EEA and Swiss data subjects are as follows:
- Contact us: We retain the listed Personal Information until we have answered your inquiry to your satisfaction. If you have provided further consent, we retain the Personal Information to contact you consistent with the purposes for which you have consented, until you withdraw your consent. Beyond that, we only store your Personal Information for as long and insofar as this is necessary or appropriate for the fulfilment of legal retention periods or for any legal disputes.
If you have provided your consent, we retain the Personal Information to contact you consistent with the purposes for which you have consented (e.g. marketing messages), until you withdraw your consent.
- Job application: If you are employed by us, we will retain the Personal Information from your application that is required for your personnel file. If you apply for a position and do not become a Sparkt employee, we only store your application data to fulfil any legal retention obligations or until time limits to file legal actions have lapsed.
Third country data transfers
You can also block the cookie's collection of data regarding your use of the Site (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser add-on found via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, you can click this link in order to opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this Site in the future. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you will have to click this link again if you delete your cookies.
You can find more information via the following link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
Your rights concerning your Personal Information
As a data subject located in the EU, EEA or Switzerland you have the following rights regarding your Personal Information in certain circumstances and subject to the associated preconditions as set forth under the General Data Protection Regulation or Swiss law:
- Right of access: You may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if so, to provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask for rectification or completion.
- Right to erasure: In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information, e.g. if we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing: In some circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information (e.g. if you object to us processing it).
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain Personal Information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for reuse under certain circumstances.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so under appropriate circumstances, if we:
- rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing, or
- process your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as legal basis for processing your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EEA country or EU Member State where you reside, or Switzerland if you believe that the processing of Personal Information concerning you is not in compliance with GDPR requirements.
Local Data Protection Representative
You can find more information provided by the EU Commission on your rights and associated requirements at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHICH TYPES OF COOKIES DOES SPARKT USE?
Sparkt uses the following categories of cookies on this Site:
- Strictly Necessary Functionality Cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the Site and use its features (e.g., user authentication). Because these cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Site, they are used even if you do not consent to the use of other cookies.
- Other Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember the choices that you make (e.g., language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We use these cookies only if you have consented via the cookie consent screen.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, (e.g., which pages you visit most often), to improve how the Site works. We use these cookies only if you have consented via the cookie consent screen.
The cookies used by Sparkt are either first-party or third-party cookies. First party cookies are used by Sparkt and share the same domain. Third-party cookies, on the other hand, are used by a third-party provider or organization with different domains.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL COOKIES?
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Site to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent. All other cookies are used only after you have consented via the cookie consent screen on our Site. You can withdraw your consent at any time from cookies that are not strictly necessary, for example, by deleting certain cookies directly or by opting out via changes to your Cookie Settings. You may access your cookie settings for our site by clicking on the "Cookie Preference" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the Site; however, in this case, you may not be able to use the full functionalities of the Site.
You may also configure the settings of your browser to activate, disable or delete certain cookies. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you disable or delete cookies, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Site and some services and functionalities may not work.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?