Pitt Hosts TEDx Event This Weekend
Conference features local experts in a diversity of fields.
It is a unique experience, and a chance to hear from some of the most interesting and accomplished people in the Pittsburgh region. This weekend, the University of Pittsburgh is hosting a sixth annual TEDx Conference.
The conference is on Sunday, March 31, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and features eight speakers. The student and faculty-organized events are "a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group."
This year's speakers include:
- AJ Edelman , an Israeli bobsled and skeleton athlete.
- CB Bhattacharya , the H.J. Zoffer Chair in Sustainability and Ethics at the Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh.
- Dr. Nesra Yannier , Founder and CEO of NoRILLA, a patented mixed-reality platform bridging physical and virtual worlds to improve children's inquiry-based STEM learning.
- Judy Bannon , Founder and Executive Director of Cribs for Kids, a non-profit dedicated to helping infants sleep safely and prevention of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Victoria Shineman , Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Pittsburgh, teaching PhD-level courses in public opinion, electoral behavior, and experimental research.
- Dr. Joseph Maroon , Team Neurosurgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers and a member of the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee.
- Terry Smith , Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Contemporary Art History and Theory in the Department of the History of Art and Architecture at the University of Pittsburgh
- Brian Burley, bestselling author, entrepreneur and founder of YNGBLKPGH.
You can read more about each of the event's speakers here . The conference is at the O'Hara Student Center in Oakland. Tickets are available for $10 here, admission is free for Pitt students with a Student ID .
You Might Like: