North Allegheny Students Competed at 68th DECA State Development Conference
Sixty-one North Allegheny DECA members competed at the 68th DECA State Career Development Conference held in Hershey, PA, in February, with twelve students advancing to the international conference.
Sixty-one North Allegheny DECA members competed at the 68th DECA State Career Development Conference held in Hershey, PA, February 20-22. Twelve of these students qualified to compete at the DECA International Career Development Conference (ICDC), which will be held April 26 through May 1 in Orlando, Florida. These students include:
- Saif Ali and Akshana Dassanaike - 3rd Place, Community Service Project
- Jerry Huang, Anchey Peng, and Josh Zhou - 3rd Place, Entrepreneurship Promotion
- Michelle Hwang and Sreeja Yellapragada - 2nd Place, Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making
- Shreya Boppudi and Divya Ramkumar - 2nd Place, Marketing Management Team Decision Making
- Jacob Pan - 2nd Place, Business Growth Plan
- Evan Kitterly - 2nd Place, Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Rosy Chen - 4th Place, Principles of Hospitality & Tourism
An additional five students were finalists, and seven students received medallions for top scores on their test and/or role plays.
- Spencer Kohlmann, Aaron Miller, and Abi Sekhar - Finance Operations Research
- Ellen Poplavska - Marketing Communications
- Sanae Heist - Quick Serve Restaurant Management
Medallion recipients include:
- Lucy Eppich
- Grant Baierl
- Kira Klein (2)
- Shreya Boppudi
- Divya Ramkumar
- Kelso Fielder
- Rosy Chen
As members of the PA DECA State Officer Team, students Ellen Poplavska and Kira Klein were instrumental in planning and executing the state conference, which was a huge success! Student Peter Van Osdol was also inducted into his position as the District 2 Representative on the PA DECA State Officer Team for the 2019-2020 school year as well.
The North Allegheny chapter of DECA was also recognized for increasing its membership, and received the Green Level Award for completing all of the required activities and community service for the Plan of Action.
DECA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit global student organization that "prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges."
PHOTO - DECA State Conference Award Winners
Front Row - L-R
Michelle Hwang, Sreeja Yellapragada, Shreya Boppudi, Divya Ramkumar, Rosy Chen
Back Row - L-R
Evan Kitterly, Josh Zhou, Anchey Peng, Ellen Poplavska, Saif Ali, Akshana Dassanaile, and Jacob Pan
*Ellen Poplavska is the PA State V.P. of Membership Development.
*Jerry Huang is missing from the photo.