Major Updates At The Ursta Home, It's All Coming Together!
Kelly Arbogast brings you an update on progress at the home and shows you what's being done. She also finds out the latest on Nick Ursta's health.
You know my passion for this family. I'm talking about Nick and Margaret Ursta, the couple who we've been working with to get their dream home complete. Nick is fighting mesothelioma that developed as a result of the work they both did in New York City in the days following the 9/11.
Here's Kelly Arbogast to show you what's going on inside and outside the Ursta home. She also got an update on Nick's health.
This morning we got to see an amazing update on progress at the house. Man they've come a long way with the help of some giant-hearted people and organizations.
Kelly Arbogast talks to Margaret Ursta about work on her dream home and husband Nick's health.
Here's a sneak peek at plans for Margaret's new kitchen that's being designed and built by the amazing folks at Marvista Kitchen and Bath in Pittsburgh. Owner Michael Jacobs let us see these renderings of what they're building.
Marvista Kitchen + Bath designs for the Ursta kitchen
Special thanks to:
- TUDI Mechanical Systems: They installed a brand new furnace and donated the entire system as part of their Heat For The Needy program.
- Kevin Anglum and Tony Napolitano: These retired contractors have done the walls and ceilings drywall and sheet rock with additional volunteer assistance from the Carpenters and Joiners Union .
- Maury Burgwin, President of the Mon Yough Area Chamber of Commerce : Burgwin is working with area businesses on materials and labor.
- Anonymous: A mystery man paid for the roofing job installed by Nicolella Roofing .
- Matt Mertz Plumbing : They have done a complete job of running all of the plumbing and making sure it's all up to code. It took a week of work and they didn't ask for a penny.
- Michael Jacobs, President and Owner of Marvista Kitchen and Bath . Jacobs' team is working on the dream kitchen and bathrooms for Nick and Margaret.
- 84 Lumber has donated the siding and materials to finish the exterior of the Ursta home.
- Richard Garland and his volunteers from The Blessing Board are taking care of the labor, installing siding on all sides of the Ursta home.
Our apologies if we're missing anyone, but you get the picture of the small army that's coming together to help the Ursta's get their dream home finished. We're going to make sure that it gets done as Nick continues to fight the good fight with his cancer.
Follow the Ursta's Journey on Sparkt: