Give Someone a Better Life Through Learning
If you're someone who likes to get to know people one-on-one, enjoys teaching, and gets pleasure out of watching someone grow in their development, this opportunity might be for you.
When we say people are stepping up to help, we mean it. Now that the roof is on, the walls are going up, and the furnace is going in, there's another business owner putting his money and people to work on Nick and Margaret Ursta's dream home. Sparkt founder and CEO Marty Griffin takes you to the home with Michael Jacobs, owner and president of
The way the community has embraced this family is simply inspiring and amazing. When we first started sharing Nick and Margaret Ursta's story it began with the need for a roof on the home they were building.
Their construction project hit a serious delay when Nick was diagnosed with Mesothelioma and had to start treatment for his cancer. That sidelined much of Nick's ability to do the necessary manual labor on top of the extensive cost of his treatment.
Special thanks to:
- TUDI Mechanical Systems: They are putting in a brand new furnace and donating the entire system as part of their Heat For The Needy program.
- Kevin Anglum and Tony Napolitano: These retired contractors are putting their skills to work inside the house installing the walls and ceilings.
- Maury Burgwin, President of the Mon Yough Area Chamber of Commerce : Burgwin is working with area businesses on materials and labor.
- Anonymous: This mystery man paid for the roof job installed by Nicolella Roofing .
- Michael Jacobs, President and Owner of Marvista Kitchen and Bath . Jacobs team is working on the dream kitchen and bathrooms for Nick and Margaret.